Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives are defined as the accomplishments of graduates during the first few years after graduation.
Program Educational Objectives:
1.- They will carry out adaptation, development and innovation of process technology in the industry
2.- They will plan and implement quality, environmental and hygiene and safety management systems in the different productive sectors.
3.- They will manage human, material and / or financial resources, for the public or private sectors
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program.
According to the changes in ABET’s definition of the Student Outcomes for BS students, the program of Chemical Engineering at ITA adopted the new set of seven student outcomes defined in the Criteria for Accrediting Engineering Programs; therefore, at the time of graduation, the graduates from the Chemical Engineering program must have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Objetivos educacionales del programa(Program Educational Objectives).
1.- Realizar investigación básica y aplicada para adaptar, desarrollar e innovar tecnología de procesos
2.- Planear e implementar sistemas de gestión de calidad, ambiental e higiene y seguridad en los sectores público, privado y social, conforme a las normas nacionales e internacionales.
3.- Administrar recursos humanos, materiales y financieros para los sectores público, privado y social, acorde a modelos administrativos vigentes.
Atributos de egreso (Student Outcomes)